Wabi Sabi & the Beauty of Aging
a charcoal portrait class
In this online class we’re going to draw this charcoal portrait of a beautiful aged face in a free and loose style.
I love drawing older faces! Life’s experiences are translated into a multitude of beautiful wrinkles and lines. The face tells its silent stories from ages ago. And that is so interesting and exciting to draw!
In this class we’re going to use a fun method to draw these lines and wrinkles without having to focus too much on all the little details.
You’ll also learn some helpful techniques to draw the proportions and measurements of the face. That way you can be more confident in your drawing and work in a free and expressive style.
The total duration of this class is 2 hours. You can download all videos and course materials, to keep forever. And since this is a self-study class, you get instant access – so you can start right away or whenever you like.
Please note: this class is also available as part of a Patreon membership. In that case however, the lesson videos are not downloadable and only available for the duration of your membership.
Click the button below to sign up now, or continue reading for all details and practical info.
Your face is marked with lines of life, put there by love and laughter, suffering and tears. It’s beautiful. LYNSAY SANDS
But when does something’s destiny finally come to fruition? Is the plant complete when it flowers? When it goes to seed? When the seeds sprout? When everything turns into compost? LEONARD KOREN
What will you learn?
In this class we’re going to explore various techniques, which can of course be applied to any portrait that you want to create in the future. Some of the things that we’ll cover:
- Sketching out the head in a slightly tilted and rotated position
- Tools and techniques to draw the correct proportions
- A handy method to check your proportions and measurements while you’re drawing
- Creating the wrinkles of an elderly face, without having to focus too much on all the little details
- Using gestural movements to work in a loose and free way
- Working with willow or vine charcoal
- Working with a charcoal pencil
- Working with a kneaded eraser
- How to store and protect your charcoal drawings
What will you receive
- 2 hours of video lessons
- All videos & materials can be downloaded
- Get immediate access to all content
- Take the class at your own pace
- Lifetime access
Prices in Euro will be used for the actual purchase.